Ramen VR, the team behind Zenith: The Last City, revealed that launch of the long-awaited VR MMO is set for January 27th, arriving on Quest, SteamVR and PSVR.
It’s been an eventful few years waiting for Zenith: The Last City. From its a successful Kickstarter in 2019 to a $10 million Series A funding round just a few months ago, the ambitious anime-inspired MMO is well positioned to make a splash with its large open world, feeling a bit like a tuned-down version of Genshin Impact for VR.
Here’s a quick rundown of the game’s features:
- Exploration: large open world with flying, climbing, ziplining, and swimming
- Combat: Skill-based combat system: shoot, swing, and cast spells
- Crafting: Create powerful items using spoils obtained during battle
- Cooking: Learn recipes, gather ingredients, and share them with your friends
- Cross-play: fight with alongside friends in boss battles, public events and dungeons with hundreds of players on a single server
When it comes to MMOs though—VR or otherwise—a game can live or die according to player retention. Ramen VR says its pitching Zenith at a one-time cost of $30 with no subscriptions, which will include what the studio says is an initial 100 hours of gameplay at launch. The studio also couches it as an “ever-expanding, live service MMO,” which it said in the past would revolve around cosmetic microtransactions (re: not pay to win).
Ramen VR says its previous betas have inspired confidence by reaching a fairly large audience early on, maintaining that previous betas have attracted “thousands of players spending an average of 2 hours a day immersed in [Zenith].” Its official Discord channel also hosts upwards of 60,000 users, which for VR represents a fairly massive potential player base.
Zenith: The Last City launches on all major VR platforms January 27th. You can signup for updates on the game’s website to learn about upcoming events and updates.
The post VR MMO ‘Zenith: The Last City’ to Release January 27th on All Major VR Platforms, Trailer Here appeared first on Road to VR.
- @ 13. Januar 2022 15:05